Re: [LUG] Broadband take down

Lawyer up immediately. All other advice is stupid. Ofcom are hopeless,
slow and ineffective - a toothless watchdog. Complaining to them will
achieve nothing. The provider doesn't seem to know what they're doing
but a good hard legal slapping will make them sit up and pay attention
pretty quickly. First issue is to talk to their legal department and
ascertain exactly which provision of which law they are using in order
to deny service. IANAL, but I have a hard time believing their claim
that they do not have to identify the complainant.

Neither am I a lawyer (Married to one, but it hasn't all rubbed off), but this way is doomed to failure I'm afraid.

Most providers of any service are not obliged to provide service, and all will have contracts that allow them to cancel your contract without warning or penalty to them.

Instructing your own solicitor probably won't achieve anything other than lightening your pockets, and to what end? If that company doesn't want you as a customer you cannot force them.

IMO, the answer is simple: Get another ISP to provide service and try not to repeat whatever it was that might have caused the first one to drop you. Try and get a MAC off the old isp to make the transfer quicker. If it looks like that is going to be a huge issue, get another line put in with a SIM provision - although Openreach are currently citing 4-8 weeks for installs around South Devon.

I don't think there is much to be gained by trying to go after an ISP. I know some will disagree, but you're unlikely to win and frankly, life's too short to spend making yourself bitter.