Re: [LUG] Broadband take down

On 26 October 2012 13:49, tom <tompotts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I've got a freind whose broadband has been turned off by their provider - they are all payed up. The provider says someone has asked them to take it down but says they cant tell them and to get in touch with offcom... who aren’t in today!

Assuming it's a piracy/abuse issue (big assumption, I know), I'd be very interested to know what ISP does this without a warrant or legal order - can you name and shame?

Same if it is incompetence too, of course. I wouldn't want to be using them for either reason!

Si