Re: [LUG] Raspberry Pi RAM doubled :-)

 On 16/10/2012 12:05, paul sutton wrote:
Is there going to be a lot of educational software for the PI,  as I am
under the impression as you said the idea is to get kids coding,  if
they spend all their time using educational software then how is that
different to what they do at the moment.

Also is scratch a development tool or an educational tool or both?

The more memory you have to play with,  the more bloat you add to your
software,   if people need 512 mb ram to write software that did the
same thing on a zx spectrum with 48k then we really are in trouble.
Couldn't agree more. My A Level project was written on a BBC B micro with 32K memory - I had to chain all the separate modules as it ran out of memory - even if I stripped all the REMs out! Mind you, that's what you get for ~7500 lines of BBC BASIC code :)

Julian