Re: [LUG] "I am calling you from Windows" scam redux

I get these calls about once every ten days or so, play them along for a while, have a laugh at their expense and then tell them that I cannot do what they ask as I am not running M$ Windows or MacOS, and by the way where did you get your information about my system?
They seem incredulous, they have been nudged off their carefully prepared script and into uncharted waters. Their paymasters have obviously not briefed them about Linux.
It may not do much in the great scheme of things to get rid of such scams, but it brings me a great deal of pleasure to waste their time and listen to them squirm.

Jim Straker  <greybear2k5@xxxxxxxxxxx