Re: [LUG] Other problems while mounting Buffalo HDD

On 02/10/12 16:13, Peter M Le Mare wrote:

On 27/09/12 07:36, Martin Gautier wrote:

On 26/09/12 19:33, Peter M Le Mare wrote:

On 26/09/12 17:16, bad apple wrote:
On 26/09/12 14:32, Peter M Le Mare wrote:
For three days over the weekend my whole computer closed down and would not re boot. If I switched off the mains and waited for the pwr LED to go out and switch on, the whole computer started to boot up for 5 secs and then stopped dead and the on switch at the front of the case would not work. After asking online for help about the board nothing helped. I suspected a corrupt bios or the battery near it and online they thought it was the power pack. I even checked the on switch to see if it was jammed on and merely switching the computer off as soon as it started. Switch is OK. Two days later when I was putting back the mini switch board it has somehow corrected it self and booted up. However twice it it has closed down with a momentary error notice that of system error and a second later closing down quickly and then not rebooting. It now seems to be stable again but again I twice got system errors "internal" mentioning exfat fuse executable path /sben/mount.exfat. It said report it to Ubunto so I clicked on that but have no idea whether it is related to the closing down and not rebooting: these times it did not close down. As all the internal or built in hardware lights up I don't think it is power pack. I cannot afford to upgrade my whole computer and there is only ONE new motherboard with an am2 socket I don't want to renew even this if it is something other than an intermittent fault on the M/board.
Anyone else had something like this? Can you help?

From memory, I think the exfat ppa is experimental so it may be worth unistalling the exfat fuse drivers and PPA once you've reformed the Buffalo drive.

If the PC starts and then hangs, it sounds like a hardware problem or maybe Ubuntu is looking for something before it can continue(exfat drivers might be at fault there)?

Make sure the Buffalo drive is not plugged in while you play...

Martin