Re: [LUG] raspberry pi super computer

On 13/09/12 07:50, Gordon Henderson wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Sep 2012, paul sutton wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> This is linked from the raspberry pi site today
>>
>> http://www.southampton.ac.uk/~sjc/raspberrypi/
>>
>> looks pretty cool : )
>
> It's a certianly an intersting project, but without being able to
> properly "unock" the GPU, the actual performance is somewhat
> sub-optimal..
>
> Something I was involved with nearly 20 years ago:
>
> https://projects.drogon.net/a-box-of-200-raspberry-pis/
>
> which is about the level the Pi's at right now without the GPU, I reckon.
>
> Gordon

I was thinking about that actually, when i read about how many gpu
processors there were,   however I think this is more about taking an
idea from concept to reality,

Quite a few similar projects i have read about have used graphics cards
as the core of the system.

Paul

http://drupal.zleap.net
skype : psutton111