Re: [LUG] How to emulate a slow internet link

On Tue, 11 Sep 2012, stinga wrote:

G'day all,

I need to test a webserver but I need to slow down the data to about 1mb. I am on a fftc so I am not seeing a real world.
Any ideas how to do this simply?

There are some good Linux iptables/traffic shaping rules to do exactly that. However I'm currently at the end of a 2G internet link so already experiencing some issues of my own, buttry googling for lartc traffic shaping and you'll get some pointers.

Gordon