Re: [LUG] BCS SW Event

On 05/09/12 09:17, Gordon Henderson wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Sep 2012, paul sutton wrote:
>
>> May be worth getting hold of the video (well i am guessing its going to
>> be a dvd :D ) to show at lug meets and so the lug can perhaps promote
>> the PI etc.
>
> The issue is that of getting people to LUG meets in the first place -
> so to do that, someone will need to do some advertising and if they're
> going to do that, they might as well make it generic rather than "come
> and see video of this bloke talking about raspberry Pi's"
>
> Sure, it might be an extra little carrot, but I suspect most people
> outside the "community" won't know who Eben is...
>
> Gordon

Well hopefully I have something about the raspberry pi going in both the
beach hut and reconnect magazine from about October,  one is bi monthly
and there is no beach hut magazine in September due to editor being on
Holiday.

So hopefully there may be some visitors to the Exeter lug site where I
have a set up a section for raspberry pI users.

Give me a few weeks and I may have some results from the school I work
at,   In the meantime if anyone has children at a local primary /
secondary school maybe its worth making enquiries about if the school
may be getting some,   I could possibly help providing a school pays me
of course.

I am not asking people here to commit to going in to schools and
helping,   but there are other people here on the list who are willing
to,  what is needed is for people to be able to be in touch with the
schools that want help,   the last thing I thing any of us would want is
for schools to avoid getting raspberry Pis due to lack of support etc or
fear of lack of support.

To be honest I find trying to communicate with some adults on IT issues
very frustrating.

Will put a few posters up at the rugby club,  and talk to the players
there,   ask them to ask at school, and of course talk to the parents
and see if they can make the school aware they know people who can help.

Paul

http://drupal.zleap.net
skype : psutton111