Re: [LUG] minimalist android phone

On 21/08/12 12:05, tom wrote:
Managed to smash my current mobile screen and am toying with getting an android phone. But a cheap one without a package.
Any ideas?
Tom

I've heard good things about the Orange San Francisco. It's around £100, and although it's branded with a load of Orange stuff it can be flashed with a generic firmware (I think Cyanogenmod is available for it). IIRC there are also cheaper but reasonable spec models coming out from some of the Chinese mobile companies (ZTE, Huawei etc)... here's a couple of reviews...

http://www.trustedreviews.com/best_Huawei_mobile-phones?att_111[0]=Android+OS

Orange have even brought one out with an Intel Atom CPU, I'd be interested to know if it could run other operating systems (OS/2 for a laugh? :-D).

Rob