Re: [LUG] LUG LAG

On Sun, 5 Aug 2012, bad apple wrote:

I replied twice to Kevin regarding his problems earlier this evening
using the standard list reply email address list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mails were sent at 21:44 and 22:03 respectively and because I 'mirror'
out the throwaway yahoo address I use for this list to one of my master
email accounts via BCC I know that the emails were both sent and
delivered correctly. Yet as of 01:47, ~4 hours later, neither have
turned up on the list yet which is annoying as the emails were
reasonably long and contain the (probable) fixes for his woes.

What gives?

As far as I can tell, nothing gives on the LUG side. I've traced both messages through and they were sent successfully.

Message-ID 501D89B6.7020502@xxxxxxxxx was received from nm22-vm7.bullet.mail.ird.yahoo.com at 21:44:39 BST, and sent on to ifindthatinteresting@xxxxxxxxx via server mta7.am0.yahoodns.net at 21:44:49 BST

Message-ID 501D8E17.4030207@xxxxxxxxx was received from nm3.bullet.mail.ukl.yahoo.com at 22:06:10 BST, and set on to ifindthatinteresting@xxxxxxxxx via server mta5.am0.yahoodns.net at 22:06:23

Hopefully 10 and 13 seconds each is sufficiently quick to not be considered lag.

Alex.