Re: [LUG] Language packs

On 24/07/12 17:49, Neil Winchurst wrote:
I have installed various distros recently into VBox to test them out.
One thing that annoys me is that there is no option re the language
packs included. In every case most of the time to install was used up
with the various language packs which, apart from one, I will never use.

I think that there should be an option to not install any extra
languages. Then if I wish to add one later I should be able to via
Synaptics or whatever.

Is it just me? Or am I missing something? I have not actually counted
them but in Libre Office alone there must be over fifty!

Comments anyone?@

Neil
I'm sure my Ubuntu LibreOffice packages only install language packs for my currently set locale. Maybe if you have no defined locale, it defaults to all?

I take your point though. I used to manually remove language directories from apps back when I used Windows and diskspace was a premium :(

Martin