Re: [LUG] Pi Output Box

Gordon Henderson wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Jul 2012, Rob Beard wrote:
>
>> Feel free to e-mail me off list if you like.  I've got a Class 10 SD
>> card coming hopefully tomorrow so I can have an SD card solely for my Pi.
>
> That may or may not work. It may also be slower than my Class 6 which I
> now get 20MB/sec out off.
>
> If running Debian, make sure you:
>
> (as root, sudo, etc.)
>
>   apt-get update
>   apt-get upgrade
>   rpi-update 192
>
> (change 192 to 224 if you're not using any acellerated graphics)
>
> and if you don't have rpi-update, then get it from:
>
>   https://github.com/Hexxeh/rpi-update
>
> Gordon

but don't forget to wait for a bit before rebooting afterwards ...

I ran rpi-update last weekend, waited 15 seconds, typed 'sync', waited
another 15 seconds, and then rebooted.

This left me with Pi that would not reboot, just a flashing OK light.

Pulled the card and fsck'd on another box, the vfat partition was
borked, with start.elf being truncated. - I assume it was still being
written when I rebooted.

Is it worth mounting /boot on the Pi with 'sync' as one of the options?

best regards
Dave