Re: [LUG] Photoshop on Linux?

Sounds (mostly) like a learning/re-training issue... You should never send clients raw photoShop or GIMP files anyway (IMO), but send them "proofs" in whatever format they can take - PNG/JPG, etc. however I guess it depends on what you expect the clients to do with the images - if anything other than viewing them!

I understand what you're saying - and dealing directly with clients this is what we would do - submit jpg's or png's. But sometimes she creates PSDs for designers - these would then get sent to get chopped into HTML elsewhere as a separate process. Most of the time, they have some version of Photoshop. Sometimes though, different Photoshop versions have problems opening up it's own native format we've discovered.

So why not simply get a new Mac?

She likes Linux and doesn't see the need to spend 'mac' money on something she is only going to use Photoshop on. I am sure that in time, she may get used to GIMP. I'll scratch about on Google a bit longer and see if I can iron out the cross compatibility issues no doubt.

--
Joe Buckle

Webaholic!