[LUG] kubuntu removal

Probably this is easy, but I don't know how to do it.

I installed kubuntu 12.04 along side my kubuntu 11.10. The idea being I can get everything copied over and setup before removing 11.10. Stupidly I copied the contents of /apt from 11.10 which has resulted in conflicts which mean I can't install gcc and other stuff needed to build the drivers for my satellite card, TBS 6920.

As watching TV is one of the main things I do with my PC this installation is useless for me.

So I need to remove 12.04, reclaim the 150 GB it has and return the boot menu to its original state. How do I do this?

Also if I do manage to get an install which does all the stuff I need how would I remove 11.10 and reclaim the 350 it has? I want to do an install rather than upgrade as akonadi is broken on 11.10 which annoys me, even though it's not really a problem for me.

Any help gratefully received...

Thanks

Simon