Re: [LUG] Xperia Ray and Wifi

On 01/04/12 16:21, Julian Hall wrote:

> Hi Neil,
>
> The MAC address you see on your phone is the one I was referring to.
> According to this page:
>
> http://www.tarling.info/netgear-DG834G-and-address-reservation-with-DHCP.php
>

> Choose LAN IP Setup and then Address Reservation.  In the list of
> connected devices you should see your phone's MAC address (the one you
> mentioned seeing on it).  Select that item and give it a name (such as
> your phone's make and model) and click Add.  According to the above URL,
> whenever you restart the phone now it should get the same IP address.
>
> I'm working here on two assumptions.  a) that the DHCP lease is actually
> the problem, b) that giving your phone a fixed IP address will bypass
> any DHCP lease issue.  Given that this method skips the DHCP server
> completely when assigning an IP address to your phone, b) should not be
> an issue.
>
> In a nutshell you're saying to your router 'When this device connects
> ignore the DHCP server and always give this device the same IP address'.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Julian

OK. I will try that. First however I will have to find a time when I can
reset the router as at the moment the phone is not linked to the router
by wifi. Once reset it should log on automatically. Then I can follow
the instructions.

Since others here are using their computers at the moment I must wait
till later. I will let you know how it goes.

Thanks for all the help,

Neil