[LUG] MYSQL trigger (version 5.1 - I don't know why 5.1).

Writing my first MYSQL trigger because I thought it would the quick and
dirty solution to a little task.

However I need to use "SELECT ... INTO OUTFILE filename"

Where the filename changes.

The files will only exist fleetingly as something is waiting to eat them,
but since it could go a bit mad, I need to make sure the names are unique,
I don't really care as long as I can specify path and extension "1" "2"
"3" would be fine.

A quick Google shows this is a known "bug", and a lot of work-arounds are
given, but which one is the right syntax of workaround to use in a trigger
(or did I choose the wrong method)?

Frustrated as the rest of it worked fine once I got the syntax correct and
fixed my typos and I really want to be done and dusted on this project.

Basically

 CREATE trigger after update on table1
 ...create a cursor
 IF NEW.blah <> OLD.blah THEN
 loop over cursor

  set fname here as unique I can chuck some noise in from the variables if
needed

  select "Some text", OLD.blahblah INTO OUTFILE fname
 end loop

 END IF
 END;

The cursor will likely only ever have 0, 1 or 2 rows, although in theory
it could be more, so I only write one or two files for each updates.

I can make a reasonably unique fname, but I can't find the syntax for
passing the fname to the OUTFILE.