Re: [LUG] OT: HTC Desire

On Thu, Feb 09, 2012 at 12:24:46PM +0200, Ray Smith wrote:

> If it's on contract get a quote from your network, sometimes they're cheaper
> even if you have to take out insurance.
> If you're near Plymouth, there is a shop next to Plymouth market, think it's
> called The Mobile Shop, that have repaired phones for me quite quickly.

In case anyone else has a problem

-   Rang HTC who said the USB cable was broken and would send another in 6
    working days. If that did not fix it then I could send in the HTC and
    they would repair it within 28 days
-   Rang 02, who could not do anything
-   Rang CarphoneWarehouse who have a repair shop in Plymouth where they
    reckon they can repair 80% within 2 days. Or drop it off at the shop I
    bought and they would send for repair centrally within 14 days.
    Carphone Warehouse would also lend me a simple phone to use in the meantime

As the USB cable looks fine, and the USB port works, I took to Carphone
Warehouse. The HTC is within manufacturers warranty

--
Henry
Communication not signed with an original manual signature or an appropriately