Re: [LUG] Computer on time

On Mon, 6 Feb 2012, raymond.knowles@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi Neil,

I thought it was to enable your broadband
supplier to
download updates during slack time (i.e.
midnight to 6am).

The only ISP I know of who does that is BT - and then only with their own supplied modem/routers...

I'd like to see them try to upgrade my Linux router...

(Alhough I think Virgin might do it on some of their cable kit too, I'm not sure, but it's not quite the same as ADSL Though!)

However my node just occasionally (e.g. every 3 months or so) gets its knickers in a twist and has to be cold-booted.

Not unusual for some of the cheaper modem/routers.

Gordon