Re: [LUG] how do install debian 6

On 19/01/12 16:37, paul sutton wrote:
Yeah, they will supply the OS on SD card,  i think either Fedora or
Debian.   Not sure about cd support but it has USB so that should i
guess work with external cd devices,

Model B comes with ethernet so I guess that works with netinst,

Paul

I read on the Raspberry Pi web site that someone is working on a GUI installer, sounds to me like something along the lines of the live CD USB installers maybe. Guess we'll see over the coming weeks.

There is also someone working on a guide using QEMU which supports ARM so probably gives a better insight into how it would work...

http://www.cnx-software.com/2011/10/18/raspberry-pi-emulator-in-ubuntu-with-qemu/

Possibly a little more complicated but no doubt for someone with some command line experience it won't be that hard (heck even probably someone with just Windows or Mac experience could probably follow it reasonably well).

Rob