Re: [LUG] OpenOffice.org )-:

On 27/11/11 08:19, Gordon Henderson wrote:

> So wifey has been getting along with Linux for some months now and
> in-genral most things are fine... owever she's recently been writing a
> report for a client and it's 50 pages with some images, tables,
> diagrams and so on - and OOo is crashing. She tells me it's worse then
> any version of Office ever was.
>
> So this is quite a blow.
>
> So what next? Get the latest OOo and manually install it (She's
> running Debian Stable) or manually install LibreOffice?
>
> Anyone moved to LO from OOo? How different are the menus, controls,
> etc? (because that's the biggest concern my wife seems to have!)
>
> Gordon

I've had both OOo and LibreOffice crash on me at random times, very
annoying, however recovery has always seemed to pick up more or less
from the moment I crashed, which makes me suspect that the crash is
something to do with the auto save mechanisms ? And I must say I find it
disappointing too, considering none of the documents I play with reach
anywhere near 50 pages.

Tom.