Re: [LUG] Resizing partitions.

On 22/11/2011 16:24, Jack Oley wrote:
> Hi all.  I wish to reduce my Windows partition and expand my Ubuntu
> (11.04) partition.  I've tried using GParted (live cd) and with its
> user-friendly GUI, things look to be very straightforward.  I can shrink
> the Windows partition and expand the extended partition which contains
> the Ubuntu, but when I go to complete the process, I get an advisory
> which says moving the start sector may result in the PC failing to boot.
>  So, I am very reluctant to go ahead just in case.  Will it be ok?  Do I
> have to move the Ubuntu section over to the left of the newly resized
> extended partition?  Is there anything I can do to ensure it will
> boot..?  Many thanks for any advice or guidance.  Jack.

For Windows , I suggest you shrink Windows partition from within Windows
control system itself. It avoids some problems.

They use GParted to sort out your partitions.

It can be done straight from GParted, and I do so on older Windows
systems where Windows not important, as main system is Linux, but
windows kept in case I ever want to give machine away to a Windows type
person.
--
Regards
Eion MacDonald