Re: [LUG] Anyone with a contact in exeter.gov.uk ICT department?

On Mon, 7 Nov 2011, Martijn Grooten wrote:

On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 3:18 PM, Gordon Henderson wrote:
Having an issue sending email to someone with an exeter.co.uk email address
and although I see the email being delivered to their server, the recipient
sometimes doesn't get it, or the get it when they ask IT for it, or
sometimes it gets delivered with attachments missing (huh?)

I don't have any such contacts, but it sounds like an overzealous
spam/email filter. (Something you had probably concluded yourself
already.) Stripping off attachments isn't too uncommon and, depending
on the type of recipient and the kind of recipient, may well be a good
idea. Can't the recipients get in touch with IT, possibly cc'ing you?
If I were a postmaster and someone contacted me saying "I can't email
X", I'd first want to check with X to make sure they actually wanted
to receive the email before I would take any action.

The recipient frequently has to contact IT to get email freed up, and not just from the sender, (my wife as it happens), but from someone else too.

They're working on a project that's somewhat time sensitive too - as it happens on Wednesday.

Bit disappointed that postmaster@ doesn't work (neither does abuse@ nor root@ nor admin@ nor the email address given in the whois records).

The attachments were PDF files or JPGs. However it seemed random - e.g. in a recent email with 6 attachments, 3 got through... I could understand if they were exe's, etc. however... Overzealous as you say...

Gordon