Re: [LUG] Android Marketplace (was Penzance school spends £300,000 on an iPad for every pupil)

 On 04/11/2011 14:29, Gibbs wrote:
On 04/11/11 13:49, Ray Smith wrote:
Root and install Froyo ?
http://www.android-x86.org/releases/release_2_2

Don't Google also have hardware requirements? I am pretty sure I have heard that somewhere online.

Gibbs
That could be it I suppose.. but some of the forums are saying (for instance) that the person bought their phone in the UK, but because it was imported from the ME by the supplier it doesn't have the legitimate Marketplace. Surely Google could allow people to purchase it as a separate app? They'd make pots of money from those of us who want to do it the legitimate way.

Julian