From: Steven Côté <steven.cote@xxxxxxxxx>
To: list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, 1 November 2011, 8:24
Subject: Re: [LUG] Keyboards

> Can anyone tell me how you type accents and tilde in spanish?

You use the "compose key", but you'll need to check the window manager
to see what key is mapped to "compose". SUN keyboards use to have one
with "compose" written on, typically  Window managers you "Alt GR" or
"Windows Key" or "Menu key".

I find that Gnome installations on most distributions don't actually set the compose key by default. Assuming you're using Gnome, you have to select "Keyboard" from Preferences. On the version I have, you'll find the setting on the "Layout" tab and press the "Options" button.