Re: [LUG] Microsoft restricted boot

On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 1:13 PM, Guy Backhouse <hillguy@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, 2011-10-20 at 12:23 +0100, Gibbs wrote:
> On 20/10/11 12:08, Roland Tarver wrote:
> > Just came across another author's point of view.... lol !
> >
> > http://www.zdnet.com/blog/bott/why-do-linux-fanatics-want-to-make-windows-8-less-secure/4100?tag=nl.e539
> >
> > Roly :-)
> Now all we need is someone in the middle that isn't in either camp :)
>
> So far I agree with parts from both.
>
> Gibbs

In my naivety would it be wrong to think Microsoft are in effect
shooting themselves in the foot by demanding secure boot because they
are worried Win 8 has inherently insecure features?

Guy

It is my (Cynical) opinion that Microsoft know the 'He who controls the product controls the chain'. This move will allow them to secure their market position in the future. As we all know they can't rely on the usual "faster and more secure" marketing strategies.

Ben