Re: [LUG] Computer lockup

Kevin Lucas wrote:
On Fri, 2011-10-07 at 19:18 +0100, Neil Winchurst wrote:
Recently I upgraded Firefox to the latest version, 7.0.1. This went
fine. I was looking at a video (Youtube) and clicked to go full
screen. This I have done often before. But this locked the computer up
completely apart from the sound which continued. In the end I had to
use the reset button.

Works fine here

To avoid the reset button could you have used the Ctrl Alt F1 to drop to a shell,
kill firefox  (ps ax | grep firefox) then go back using Ctrl Alt F7 ?

Yes I know about that and I tried it but even that did nothing. Only the reset button worked, which I try to avoid if possible.

which flash player have you ?

On checking I see that there are two versions of flash running:-

Shockwave Flash 10.3 d162
Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183

I have never noticed two versions of flash in the list before. Perhaps I should try disabling one of them and test again.

Neil