Re: [LUG] Google+

On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 9:35 AM, tom <tompotts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Anyone using it got any comments?
> Tom te tom te tom

Googles attitute to the "real names policy" and the indescriminate
banning and termination of accounts effecting other google services
with no appeals process (although you now get 3 days notice) has
annoyed me. I know a good deal of people by a psudoname be it an irc
handle, or some other nickname they use in coding or in a virtual
world and people have lost their accounts because of this, because its
not their legal name, although Lady Gaga and other celibs are immune
to this policy. Also other people who may have unusual or possibly
even just non western reconisable names have been victims to this
policy too.

Robin