[LUG] Novatech nspire 2310 plus laptops

It came.
I shoved the ubuntu 11.04 cd in
It booted.
I installed.
I added a few pet pieces of software (inkscape, thunderbird, gimp, pidgin and a few others).
command line worked no problems ;-)

No problems with graphics, sound or built in wifi, although the blue function options are a little wacky (wifi seems to work with or without the indicator light on). All the extra "media" buttons worked apart from the second additional (dedicated) wifi button that turns the wifi off but not back on again.... needs some investigation.

Wasn't expecting such a big beast as I was used to 15" laptops in 4:3 not 15.6" in 16:9....

video responsive for DVD playing.

Will have to get used to inkscape just starting (it was smiling at me for 15 seconds before I realised it was ready ... I guess that's the advantage of having a new laptop with better processor and lots of ram to play with.

Couldn't cope with unity so I went back to classic gnome ...

Sadly (?) only went into command line once to install codecs / libraries to get the DVD playback working.

All in all happy bunny.

Sorry I didn't make it to the Holsworthy meeting ... but I think you might have guessed that I was otherwise engaged ....

Tom.