Re: [LUG] 10 Gnu/Linux books for beginners

On 26/07/11 11:09, Tom Brough wrote:
Looking through my local library(s) in Paignton and Torquay, I find it very frustrating that there are so few books on Gnu/Linux available. When you can find one (or possibly two) they are either way out of date or aimed at Sys Admins / "higher end" users or specific services ("Wordpress", "Samba" etc). Looking at my own library of books I can't really find any books that fall into the starter / beginner category either, and being as I learn Unix over 20 years ago, and then migrated to Linux, my library is totally inappropriate for beginners.

So today I'm challenging the group to recommend 10 GNU/Linux books that are current and in publication that are targeted at beginners and their needs.

Looking forward to your suggestions.

Tom.

I was rather disappointed to discover that several Linux books I'd donated to the library simply disappeared - they never showed up in the catalogue search. I'd argue that the only linux paperwork you need is how to get online. All the rest is out there.
Tom te tom te tom