[LUG] VNC and Compiz

Has any one had any experience of VNC and Gnome compiz?

I have Fedora Gnome and 2 Mint Gnomes with VNC and ssh Set up but I think when you have Compiz turned on,  VNC gets you an initial Image of the screen but no mouse pointer update.  I found this after clicking and seeing no response only to find it performed all the actions on the remote machine.

Turning off compiz all is ok.

I get confused with Remote Desktop and Vnc

Is it possible to connect to a machine as user` B`...... when say user `A ` is logged on locally and get an X connection via VNC but turn off compiz for just user B then turn it on again after finishing?  If  you turn off compiz during a session it's a disaster!  All the windows pile up and become non responsive.

I know the settings for the Xserver  and vnc in the ~/.vnc folder and for /etc/sysconfig/vncservers but can you put in a script somewhere something like --nocompiz?

--

Image from Business News

Regards Kevin Lucas Minions Post Master(Sub) sip:kevin.lucas@xxxxxxxxx www.minionsbandb.co.uk www.tearooms.minionsbandb.co.uk FaceBook Minions_shop Po House, Minions, Liskeard Cornwall PL14 5LE 01579363386