Re: [LUG] 11.04 atheros

On 12/07/11 15:12, Edwin Rhodes wrote:
Hello trying to install an atheros ar5001x+ on 11.04 it sees it when I do
a lscpi
But gnome or iwconfig or ifconfig do not see the wireless card,
Please can you help me with this problem thanks ed

It's possible you may need a firmware to use the card. Ubuntu may offer you a restricted driver for the card (usually appears in the notification area), other than that have you tried googling the wireless card model number and Ubuntu?

Doing a quick Google search myself I found this (although this covers an older release of Ubuntu, but you might find it gives you some pointers to get you started)...

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiDocs/Driver/Atheros

It also looks like it is supported by the MadWifi driver...

http://madwifi-project.org/wiki/Compatibility/Atheros

Rob