Re: [LUG] being an ISP

 On 12/07/2011 08:32, Henry Bremridge wrote:
Been reading with interest, but I do not know what the legal requirements
are

1)  From http://www.ispa.org.uk/complaints/page_153.html

     What is an ISP?

     An ISP (Internet Service Provider) is a company that provides third
     party access to the Internet. Customers simply use a device called a
     modem to connect to the ISP, which then links them to the Internet
     automatically.

     I do not know the legal definition of "third party access"
I would assume it's the same as 'third person', as in 'allowing him or her access'. First party you, second party the ISP, third party the customer. IANAL so that's best guess.

Julian