Re: [LUG] Google plus, who's using it and what are your thoughts?

On Sun, Jul 3, 2011 at 10:08 PM, Gordon Henderson wrote:
> I've already had some "invites" (at least I think that's what they are!),
> however I keep getting the "max capacity" message )-:

Same here...

It seemed a bit pointless at first, given that there's Facebook
already, but it'd be interesting to see what would happen if this got
reasonably big. There are quite a few social networking sites out
there already, usually popular only in a specific country or region.
Orkut for instance, Google's first attempt at social networking, is
huge in Brazil, fairly big in India and mostly non-existent elsewhere.
Facebook is the only one with huge global coverage though. If Google+
were to become a serious global competitor, perhaps there'd become
some kind of open standard so that people could use one service but
still befriend people using the other. Like you can call or text
someone using a Nokia from a Samsung phon.

Martijn.