[LUG] The Command Line

I was intrigued by Arley Bushill's remarks on the command line and I
recalled that back in 2004 I came across a lovely article about it
that so impressed me that I stored a copy with my web host.

The author is saying that it is better to teach computing using the
command line and the metaphor of a dialogue rather than the usual way
of using the metaphor of a desktop, confused by the alternative
metaphor of the window. I don't teach now but I use the CLI a lot,
especially with emacs and recently with MySQL. So stay with it, Arley.

It is here: http://www.whittycat.me.uk/TheCommandLine.html

Tony