Subject: [Tuxpaint-News] Tux Paint Day 2011 - Celebrate by sharing!
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 11:57:31 -0700
From: Bill Kendrick <nbs@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Tux Paint Announcements <tuxpaint-news@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Today marks the 9th anniversary of the first release of Tux Paint.
(Also this month, Tux Paint was chosen as Project of the Month at
SourceForge! http://sourceforge.net/blog/potm-201106/ )

To celebrate, I encourage you to share Tux Paint with your friends
and family.

Using social networks like Twitter and Facebook is a quick and easy
way to spread the word about something you enjoy.  By posting a quick
tweet or status update mentioning Tux Paint, friends and relatives who
might not have heard of it yet will become informed; and since Tux Paint
is completely free, they'll be likely to try it out and become fans
themselves.

Another fun way of spreading the word about Tux Paint is to share your
or your child's favorite drawing on Facebook, Flickr and Twitter.
(This page briefly explains where Tux Paint stores its files:
http://www.tuxpaint.org/gallery/submit/#where )

Tagging your photo with the keyword "tuxpaint" will help others find
related posts.  On Flickr, just use with the keyword "tuxpaint";
on Twitter, use the 'hashtag' "#tuxpaint".

Tux Paint fans are also encouraged to "Like" the Tux Paint page on
Facebook:

  http://www.facebook.com/TuxPaint

While you're there, post a note on the wall, or even upload a drawing
made in Tux Paint!

As a completely volunteer-driven project, we, the developers of Tux Paint,
are thankful for the countless fans around the world who use and enjoy
the fruits of their efforts.  Thank you in advance for helping us
celebrate the project's birthday.

(Formal press release posted at:
http://www.tuxpaint.org/latest/tuxpaint-day-june-2011.php3 )

--