[LUG] Debian Squeeze & xfce4

The version of xfce4 shipped with Squeeze has an almost-impossible means to edit the menus - that's the thing under the X/Mouse or when you right-click on the desktop.

The version in Lenny (which I have on my laptops) has a GUI to edit the menus, and the next version of xfce4 wil have a GUI editor, but this version doesn't.

So you need to do it by hand which is the most mind-bogglingly obtuse way known to man. Each line is a file and there is a master file (which I've not worked out yet - can't find it - but I think it's XML) that gives the overall structure.

I really can't belive that people use this as it comes out of the box - do they?

Or, maybe no-one actually uses it at all and they just install the full-on Gnome - which I'm almost tempted to do - although so-far I've not had any performance issues with xfce4 on my weedy 1.6GHz system.. It's even doing nice things with the Intel graphics driver...

Gordon