[LUG] Suggested venu for meetings and rant/questions about WLAN and WWLAN cards.

Hi, I'm volentering at the Liskerrett Centre at the moment and it struck me that it might be a good venue for a DCGLUG Meet. There are pleanty of rooms, a cafe, IT room, wireless and I'm sure it wouldn't cost too much as, like I said I help out there...

http://www.liskerrett.co.uk/

One other thing is, I am trying to get a DELL vostro 1520 laptop up and running properly with some dificulties. The system (Vista) wouldn't recognise the WLAN mini PCI card properly. It seems to be a common problem from my googeling; which makes me think why do big companies release hardware to customers that simply doesnt work or hasn't got the appropriate
software. But apart from that I also am confused between the WLAN and the WWLAN ? I have opened the machine up because I couldn't see the WLAN card from the system and it's a 'Broadcom IC: 4324A'  FCC ID - QDS - BRCM
1030. There is an empty slot for a WWLAN card and ONE spare grey wire with connector on the end. Also puzzling as if I wanted to install both a WLAN card and a WWLAN card there wouldn't be enough wires to do it...anyway from what I can find on the internet people either have returned their machines with this card, used a USB dongle, installed a diferent card or given up. I have found one driver but am not at all sure it will work.

    Should I get a WWLAN card and try to use it instead of this WLAN card ? Should I try another card?

Cheers, Jon Davey.