Re: [LUG] Fwd: Google fined $5m over patent row

> 'A judgement by a Texas jury against Google could have major implications
> for the search giant and the open source world said experts. The internet
> titan was found guilty of infringing a patent related to the Linux kernel
> and fined $5m (£3.2m).'

I think the expert is well-acquainted with microsoft's interests, but
may be less reliable on this.

The Texas court is the weirder end of the US' weirdness on software patents.

And this has prior art.  It is a sales tactic, I suspect.

--
Adrian Midgley   http://www.defoam.net/