[LUG] lock down ubuntu

lighthouse now has 3 computers 2 running ubuntu 9,04 and another running i think a later version.

these are just hard disk installs with gnome

we need to lock down the system as best as possible, so users can't make too many changes but still run programs

i have created a normal user, but that is not really locked down enough, can still delete items from panel, etc, which is ok, but it just needs locking down to how its set up.

any recommendations as to what to use to lock down the system,

btw 9,04 works and is fine for internet use, so before people start saying upgrade it, if we upgrade it, it just either won't install properly or ends up slow, or gives other problems.

I have done the best i can so far, but could do with some pointers etc

thanks

paul

Paul Sutton Cert SLPS (Open)
http://www.zleap.net

17th September 2011 - Software freedom day