Re: [LUG] Own server

On 25/02/11 20:28, James Kilty wrote:
On 25/02/11 20:14, Gordon Henderson wrote:
> 10 (say)
number of employees and them sending stupidly huge documents to one
another for example...

Sharon despairs at the lack of understanding about this. She regularly
gets files of 1-2MB when they could have had text extracted. Local
Government and other officials seem to love having several fancy logos
on a page and all possibly original large .jpg files reduced to fit an
area but not reduced in file size. Huge .docs turned into huge .pdfs.

James

I think it's a common thing sadly. Where I'm contracting someone sent out a couple of meg file to around 1,000 people dotted around the world. Didn't go down too well.

Rob