Re: [LUG] Linux gets a mention - BBC

On 11/02/2011 18:08, Roland Tarver wrote:
On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 4:51 PM, Dave Foxcroft
<dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
Hi All

Spotted this on the BBC website - PC Linux gets a mention as well as
Audacity. The Neave website looks like fun!

Not the best article but at least it's a step in the right direction.

http://tinyurl.com/6yzfg8o

Cheers

Dave
Cheers, book marked to assist in future newbie introductions. ;-)

Ever used PC Linux OS? Any good?

Roly :-)

Hi Roly

Sorry for the delay in replying - flu!!

Yeah I've used PC Linux OS in the past.. the last time I installed it was the LXDE version on an older PC that was being donated to somwhere. PC Linux OS is pretty slick.. looks good and seemed to work well old and new kit... I'd say it was worth a look especially since it has a live cd available to test it out on your kit before installing.

IIRC it was also being used as a base for KAROSHI for a while.

Dave