Re: [LUG] Gambas anyone?

On 05/01/11 10:25, Tony Ferris wrote:
On 01/04/2011 07:52 PM, Philip Hudson wrote:
On 4 Jan, 2011, at 8:36 am, tom wrote:

VB for Linux?
http://gambas.sourceforge.net/en/main.html

Very interested in this.

--
Phil Hudson PGP/GnuPG ID: 0x887DCA63

Thanks for pointing this out. A quick search in the Pclinuxos repository
and I see the latest stable version is available. Off to have a play...

Cheers,
Tony

I have been using version 2 for some time now. Previously I tried Real Basic which was good but became too expensive. I struggled with Gambas at first but now I think it is as good as any out there for Linux.

There is a user group email help site. What I find encouraging is that many of the answers to problems come from the chap who wrote the program!! And he is preparing version 3 at the moment and is very happy to take on board suggestions from users. So Gambas is under active updating.

Neil