Re: [LUG] torplay centre

On 06/01/11 15:22, Paul Sutton wrote:
Hi

Just got a message back from torplay centre, 11 South Street Torquay

1. they are happy for us to do a presentation there
2. they have a projector but no screen

both good to me, I am sure between us we can find a screen they do
however say they have whiteboards that we can perhaps project on to.

3. They have wi-fi for customers

4. they don't have any laptops or computers on site, slightly unrelated
but something we can perhaps help with as a lug.

Could someone in torquay perhaps check out the parking situation nearby

I can tell you now what the parking situation is...

Free unlimited on street parking on Teignmouth Road just up the road from the Torbay Foyer (my guess is it'd be about a 5 minute walk) or there abouts.

Other than that, there is on street parking along South Street (it looks to be near the Police station) but it is possibly limited to 1 or 2 hours (okay looking at Google Street View, 1 hour parking no return for 2 hours Monday to Saturday 8am to 6pm, so Sundays might be a good day to book the place maybe).

It's also close to Torre (which has more parking, some free some pay and display depending how far you walk) and it's close to Torre Railway Station (again about a 5 or 10 min walk) and close to the town centre (10 mins walk I'd say). The 12 bus and X46 also run near by (not sure about other local busses) so it's an easy commute from Exeter, and Newton Abbot on the bus or train.

I am happy to arrange for me to go in and have a chat with them, however
if possible if someone can go with me, they can ask questions too.  I
know people are busy so if this isn't possible then i will go in myself.

I could possibly arrange something on a weekend.

40 quid a session
Sessions are : Morning 8-12, Afternoon 1-5, Evening 6-10

Suppose it's not too bad, I haven't been able to track down an e-mail address for Torbay Foyer.

opening times are on the website somewhere

I'll have a look.

http://www.torplay.co.uk

TO me this sounds like it could be what we are looking for,  we just
need to follow it up,   May try and get in to have a chat and then
arrange for a few of us to go in on a Saturday,

Yep, always worth going and having a look.

Rob