Re: [LUG] Mint 10 DVD recording problems

On 28/12/10 12:31, L Smith wrote:
When I write image files to a DVD-R there is a problem in the process
which is resulting in files being unreadable.

After finalising the disk, disk recorder then writes checksums to the
disk before finishing recording, which is I think the cause of the
problem ... any suggestions on a cure?

LS

Actually it calculates checksums of the disc which is written and compares them to the checksum of the image it created before burning.

(When you click burn it creates a checksum of the files which it is burning, then it has burnt, it creates a checksum of the disc, it doesn't write anything to the disk as it's finalised, which means it's finished writing the disc, it then compares the checksums of what it was writing with what it has written).

Two suggestions I can think of are try some different media and also try a different DVD burner application other than Brassero (which is what is the default in Gnome).

Maybe try K3B, it's a KDE app but it works fine on Gnome (so it'll work fine on Mint, Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora, Suse etc).

Rob