Re: [LUG] [Bulk] firefox update and foxed

I find if you use a Sudo type Distro
Ubuntu, Mint etc, you need to run Sudo firefox from the command line as
the average user cannot update the addon's in Firefox.

the when firefox is run again the addons are added in the profile.

(too many addons here I think)
In Fedora I su to root  run Firefox, update and then all is well.

On Fri, 2010-12-10 at 14:46 +0000, tom wrote:
> On 10/12/10 12:26, Philip Whateley wrote:
> > It's loading ok for me (Ubuntu 10.04 AMD64)
> >
> > Could it be an add-on that no longer works? I think there was a letter
> > in a recent LXF that suggested starting Firefox in safe mode (making
> > sure there is no residual firefox process running) from the command line
> > (firefox -safe-mode) and then "Disable All Add-Ons." You can then
> > activate add-ons one at a time to see which one is broken.
> >
> > Hope this helps
> >
> > Phil
> >
> > On Fri, 2010-12-10 at 12:10 +0000, tom wrote:
> >> Ubuntu latest firefox update wont load - any ideas how to get it running
> >> again?
> >> Tom te tom te tom
> >>

> Cheers - enabled each one one at a time and it now works....
>
> Tom te tom te tom

Regards

Kevin Lucas
Minions Post Master(Sub)