[LUG] Scsi Scanners and incompatibility

Hi all

I have been asked to scan in some 35mm Slides and have been lent a Nikon
Coolscan 3 gadget.
I looked at the sane website and found the Coolscan is supported for
Xsane so with my hopes up I routed around for a scsi pci card and found
one!
Then I ordered a Scsi cable 50 pin sub D type and one week later it
arrives.

So now all fired up I put the scsi card in my Desktop and ...
nothing.

lsmod and no scsi module loaded. lspci and no card?

Tries two other Distros / PC and still nothing. The card is a SIIG card.

So to prove a point run up a WinXp machine, see the card and Get the
driver fron SIIG and install !

All Ok attach the Cool scan and Yes!!! new device found....

So install the Nikon SW ( why is windows sooooo awkward), and .....

Nothing.

No Scanning device found.

Rubbish I says, it's there...

looks in the Nikon forums and If I had win98 a scsi scanner may have
worked but Scsi not supported by WinXp unless you have an Adaptec pci 50
pin Sub D  card.

So does any one have such a thing?
currently working within a Linux Distro.
so I can at least try this and get Linux to scan in a Slide?

I am willing once I have scanned in these, to let any one who wants the
setup have a Go in exchange for the loan of a suitable card.

Regards

Kevin Lucas
Minions Post Master(Sub)
Ten Years in the Making!