Re: [LUG] gnu compiler experts anywhere?

On 03/11/10 12:36, James Fidell wrote:
On 03/11/10 12:22, tom wrote:

Its not my code and it uses some dynamic build method which makes it
really hard to work out whats what!
And apparently I'm looking for symbol files - gdb can take one but I
cant see how to generate one...

Is this of any help?

http://www.bytetalk.net/2010/07/how-to-generate-seperate-g-symbol-file.html

James

Cheers that might help - if the build system doesn't shuffle everything between the two different builds...
Not sure why one cant do that at built time....

Gordon - I can make a core file ok but the program only segfaults on a release build so there are not many symbols to be had.
I'll try the above and see if gdb can tell me where its falling over
Tom te tom te tom