Re: [LUG] A New Meeting Place ...

On 23/10/10 12:11, Neil Stone wrote:
> On 22/10/10 11:49, Gordon Henderson wrote:
>>
>> Trouble is, this one has no fixed abode... but it's a bus and it can
>> come to you!
>>
>>   http://www.linuxlounge.co.uk/node/4
>>
>> John Palfrey is the chap behind it and he did post a message to the
>> list early September - I've just had a chat with him about it too..
>>
>> He's after ideas, places, etc. to place the bus and a bit of localish
>> support to help setup the LTSP gubbins and keep it running. He's based
>> near Newquay, but it's a bus with an engine and wheels :-)
>>
>> I'm going to try to pop down and see him next week sometime, but if
>> anyone else is intersted get in-touch.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Gordon
>>
> *raises*hand*

Would this be something that could potentially come down to the preston
picnic summer 2011 ?  I have a feeling though that event is more aimed
at Local stuff, so coming from newquay may not count as local.  However
if dclug members were on the bus to promote OSS on the day it could be a
way round this.

Paul

--

23rd October - Exwick Community Centre 14:00
6th November - Paignton Library 13:30 start