Re: [LUG] Yet again Torbay Council show their true beurocratic colours

On 23/10/10 10:12, John wrote:
> On Sat, 2010-10-23 at 09:41 +0100, Tom Brough wrote:
>
>> You are absolutely right. HSE recommend an inspection each year by "a
>> competent person" which means someone who has the sense to say if the
>> PSU brick is cracked or the cable is frayed then it should be replaced.
>> For the most part visual inspection is enough.
>>
>> Even if I could get PAT tests carried out for Â1 (where did she get that
>> figure from?) if I have 15 members turning up that's Â15 extra each
>> year. Stupid .. Stupid ... Stupid...
>>

> Yep, its completely bonkers how far H&S has been taken; I have my own

It's worst than that. Whilst a great fuss is being made over minor even
imagined risks actual hazards go unaddressed.

It even gets to the point where hazards are created in the name of "'elf
and safety". e.g. at work we have a problem with "caution wet floor"
signs left where likely to trip people up without a wet floor
anywhere near them.