Re: [LUG] Yet again Torbay Council show their true beurocratic colours

On 23/10/10 09:31, John wrote:

> Isn't this one of those times where Health and Safety doesn't say
> electrical items need to be tested, but someone just gets carried away
> and implements far more than required.
>
> I am sure I read on the Health and Safety site someone linked a few
> weeks ago about common H&S mistakes/misunderstandings and one was about
> testing devices before use in work etc.

The risk with most appliances is from damage to the mains power cable.
With laptop PSUs there is a potential problem with damage due to poor
handling/coiling. But it's still fairly minor and easily spotted by
visual inspection. Vacuum cleaners, floor buffers, electric lawn mowers
and hedge trimmers are far more of risk here.